The National School of Calligraphy
Your phone calls and letters confirmed the necessity to open the National School of Calligraphy in Moscow.
Timetable is made in accordance with the age groups skills.
Educational program at the school consists of two levels.
Elementary level is designed for you to meet the definition of calligraphy, its history, handwriting materials and other interesting information with the goal of mastering writing skills. Ten lessons are called for achievement thereof. You will learn to write:
- lines to feel the tool and the surface;
- rounded and angled elements of both slants – the basis of beautiful handwriting;
- Russian Cyrillic lower cases;
- Kerned letters, ascendants and descendants;
- liaison elements,
- ornamental calligraphic elements.
- the history of written language and different scripts;
- writing drop caps and monograms;
- working with scripts (Uncial Cyrillic book hand, Half-uncial Cyrillic book hand, etc.).
Parents can be observers or participants when accompanying their children at the lessons.
Venue: the Contemporary Museum of Calligraphy, pavilion 7, Sokolniki Museum-Educational Complex, Moscow.
Unfortunately, you cannot learn calligraphy by correspondence
We are waiting for your calls. All your EOIs can be submitted via telephone or E-mail with the subject – Question about the school – included.