Program for the children's course "Calligraphy basics"
Italic Based Penmanship course for primary schoolers
1-year course (children form 7 to 9 years old)
48 academic hours
Every Saturday, 12.00 - 13.40
- Introduction. Getting to know the art of calligraphy
- Posture and hand positioning
- Major graphic elements of letters
- Introduction of a calligraphy tool. Broad pen principles
- Lower case letters
- Upper case letters
- Creating an artistic composition based on the studied scripts.
The Old Russian Script course
1-2-year course (children form 10 to 12 years old)
48 academic hours
Every Saturday, 17.00 - 18.40
- History of Cyrillic script
- Handwriting in the Uncial and Half Uncial based Old Russian script
- Traditional decorations in Russian writing
- Introduction of capitals
- Decoration of Russian proverbs and tales
- Creating an artistic composition based on the studied scripts
Homework assigned after each class. Each course ends with a final piece and preview.
Number of students in the class: 10-12
Duration: 6 months
The program consists of 24 classes (48 academic hours)
Frequency: 1 class per week (2 academic hours with a break)
Date: every Saturday at 12.00 and 17.00
Venue: The Contemporary Museum of Calligraphy
The Young Calligrapher Pack is provided at the first class.
Enrollment to the course is subject to an interview with the applicant and their parents.
To enroll for an interview or get more information please contact Irina Kornilova, Museum Manager: 8 (495) 728-77-58, 8 (916) 002-90-09, e-mail email@example.com
Please note a discount system is in place for children's calligraphy courses!
5% discount for the 2nd child from the same family if both attend (6 months).
5% discount on the 4th year of training in children's courses.