Yevgeny Dobrovinsky was born July 30, 1944 in Sverdlovsk. In 1974 he graduated from the Moscow Printing Institute. He works with typography, banner, book, and magazine design and easel graphics.
Selected professional awards:
- Grand-Prix at the International Biennial of Graphic Design in Brno (1974);
- Silver medal at the International Exhibition Contest of Book Art (IBA) in Leipzig (1976);
- Silver medal at the International Banner Biennial in Warsaw (1978);
- Golden Medal at the International Theatre Banner Biennial (Dimitrovograd, 1985);
- Grand-Prix at the International Museum Biennale (Krasnoyarsk, 2001);
- Finalist (two times) of the DIA Innovation Design Award (Moscow, 2003, team work);
- Nominee for the State Prize in Literature and Art of Russia (2001, team nomination).
His personal exhibitions were organized in Moscow (1978, 2000, 2004), Novosibirsk (1987), Austria (1988), Freiberg (1989), Baden (1990), Stockholm (1990), and Syzran (1997).
He is the author of a number of art performances and shows. He used to give lectures and master classes in Dzintari (1979), Freiberg (1989), Stockholm (1996), Kharkiv (2002), and Krasnoyarsk (2006, 2007); he is a teacher at the High Academic School of Graphic Design. He is also the founder and headmaster of the School of Calligraphy in Chersonese (together with Yuri Gulitov). In 1992-97 he lived and worked in Tel-Aviv, Israel.
He is a member of the Union of Artists of Russia, Designers Union of Russia, and Designers Union of Israel. He is a member of the Academy of Graphic Design (since 1993).
He teaches calligraphy at the High Academic School of Graphic Design.